I just discovered the safest and effective way to block Yahoo Messenger Ads for ANY VERSION. UPDATE: This still works for version 9.0.02162!
- NO need to edit the registry.
- NO need for EXE Patches that has Trojans.
- ALL YOU NEED is Notepad.Block Ads By Blocking the Ad Server:
1. Open Notepad.
(In Vista/Win7, Run Notepad as an Administrator)
2. Open the following file:
3. Add the following line at the end of the text file:
127.0.0.1 insider.msg.yahoo.comWhat to do if Yahoo Changes Their Ad Server
I tested this since Yahoo Messenger 18.104.22.1682 BETA. It worked.
This is because all ads come from "insider.msg.yahoo.com
", which is the Ad Server.
Now, when you notice the ads coming back, it means Yahoo changed their Ad Server. To block them again:
1. Explore C
2. Open urls.xml
3. Internet Explorer will display the XML file.
From there you can see lines similar to these:
" id="Messenger Ad"
" id="Messenger Idle Ad"
In this case, the Ad Server Address is "insider.msg.yahoo.com"
If it's not, copy the new Ad Server Address,
and update the "hosts" file.Free Free to Share This Info
Share this link:thenonhacker.deviantart.com/jo…